- The strongest man on earth is he who stands most alone.
- People want economy, and they'll pay any price to get it.
- Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can't be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people.
- Management is nothing more than motivating other people.
- Instead of solid accomplishments, the man pursues pleasures and self-gratification. He will never achieve anything so long as he is surrounded by dissipating temptations.
William Ralph Inge
- We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
- Last night I dreamed I had insomnia. I woke up exhausted, yet too well rested to go back to sleep.
- Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.
- No society has been able to abolish human sadness; no political system can deliver us from the pain of living, from our fear of death, our thirst for the absolute. It is the human condition that directs the social condition, not vice-versa.
Irish Distillers Group
- May the roof above us never fall in, and may the friends gathered below never fall out.
- May you have warm words on a cold evening a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.
- A kind heart is a fountain of gladness making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.
- Statistics show that of those who contract the habit of eating, very few survive.