Schedule for this week (Please read carefully!)
Monday- Jazz- 7:45-9
Tuesday- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9 (Optional for jazz students)
Officer Meeting- 3:45-5
Wednesday- Jazz Band- 7:45-9
Thursday- Wind Ensemble7:45-9 (Optional for jazz students)
1st Marching Band- 3:45-6
Friday- Jazz Band- 7:45-9
We are off to a very busy but exciting new year in our Music Program. Our Jazz Band, Colorguard, and Wind Ensemble are all up and running. Soon our Marching Band will begin as well. Please make sure you stay tuned to my blog for updates and reminders!
Parents and Students,
Thank you again for a wonderful year! I would like to remind those of you attending band camp next week that camp will begin at 9am for the morning session. Students staying for both sessions should bring a lunch to eat from 12-1. Students attending the afternoon session should arrive at 1pm. When everyone arrives on Monday there will be a sign-in sheet at the front. The entrance will be the community school entrance, not the regualr front office entrance. Also, please remember that our camp will run Monday to Thursday both weeks. We will not meet on Fridays. On Thursday, June 23rd, we will have a final little concert at 5pm in the gymnasium.
STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR CAMP CAN STILL SIGN UP ON MONDAY MORNING!!! WE HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR EVERYONE!!!!!
Final Rehearsal Schedule:
Monday- Jazz Band; 7:45-9am
Advanced Band (All of period 3 and 5)- 3:45-5:30pm
Tuesday- Beginning Band; 7:45-9am
Location: Stoneman Douglas High School Auditorium
Time: Jazz Students must arrive no later then 5:30
Everyone other student should arrive no later then 6:30
Concert Time: Concert begins at 7pm SHARP. If you are late you will miss some great surprises in the beginning of the concert!
Attire: All students are expected to wear sneakers (Any color they want), Jean Pants (Any color, but no rips, holes, or crazy designs), and Band Polos (Shirt must be tucked OUT).
*** ALL STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO LEAVE THEIR CASES IN THEIR CARS.
*** STUDENTS WHO OWN FOLDING MUSIC STANDS SHOULD BRING THEM. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STUDENTS NAME IS ON THE FOLDING STAND.
*** IT IS REQUIRED THAT ALL STUDENTS WATCH THE ENTIRE CONCERT. NO ONE IS PERMITTED TO LEAVE EARLY. CONCERT SHOULD BE OVER NO LATER THEN 8:10.
Mr. Piccinelli needs a parent volunteer to come in this week to make some very important copies. Please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Band Banquet: We still have room for our band banquet. Our banquet will take place on Thursday, June 2nd beginning at 6:30pm. All students receive at least one award. If your student needs another form they can pick one up in the bandroom.
Band Camp: Please make sure your student attends our 2011 Band Camp. This year’s camp will be a lot of fun and will include some of the best music teachers in Broward County. Our Jazz Camp will be taught by Mr. Mustafa who currently teaches at Parkway Middle Performing Arts School. They currently have one of the top middle school jazz programs in the state. Please plan your vacations around our camp so your students can have this incredible experience with us.
1) This week we will have jazz band on Monday and Thursday morning beginning at 7:45-9am.
2) End of Year Trip- On Thursday, May 5th, we will be going on our end of year band trip. The trip T-shirt will cost 7 dollars per student. All students going on this trip are expected to buy this shirt. Forms will go out this week.
3) Jazz Performance- On Friday, May 6th, our jazz band will be performing at a jazz dinner/dance with Stoneman Douglas High School jazz band. For more information please have your students ask Mr. P for a form.
4) Jazz Performance- On Tuesday, May 17th, our jazz band will be performing at Eagle Ridge Elementary. Students will miss only 1st period and must bring their grey band polos.
5) Jazz Band Performance- On Wednesday, May 18, our jazz band will perform at the annual Parent Volunteer breakfast at CSMS. This will take place at 9:30, so students will miss first period. All parents who have volunteered in some way are invited to come to this breakfast so we can show our appreciation for all that you do.
6) End of Year Concert- On Tuesday, May 24th, we will have our last concert of the year. This concert is shaping up to be our best concert yet. The concert will take place from 7-8pm at Stoneman Douglas High School auditorium. Please invite all of your friends and family because they will have a great time!
7) Banquet- On Thursday, June 2nd, we will have our band/orchestra/colorguard banquet. We are starting to run out of seats for the banquet so please do not wait until last minute to sign up. If you need another form please have your student get one from me at school.
We will no longer have rehearsals in the mornings for the remainder of the year, unless your student is in Jazz Band. Jazz Band will now go back to every Monday and Thursday morning starting at 7:45am. Please make sure your student is on time because we have some new music to learn and not a lot of time to learn it.
Over the last week we have seen our program achieve huge success! Last Wednesday our Wind Ensemble received a Superior rating at evaluation and our Symphonic Band received an Excellent.
In addition, our Colorguard came in second place with a rating of SUPERIOR in Championship competition this last weekend!
Congratulations to all students who were a part of one of these 3 groups!!!
There are a lot of important things coming up so please make sure you plan accordingly.
1) Prism Concert- This Friday, March 25th, we will be having our very first annual prism concert. The concert will take place at the cafeteria at 6pm and will feature some of our students who performed a solo and/or ensemble. Students performing in this already know because I put up a list in the bandroom. Please invite your friends and family for a fun night of music.
2) Car Wash Tickets- We have already begun selling car wash tickets. Every student received 2 tickets at 5 dollars per ticket. Every student is expected to sell 2 tickets. If they need more that is fine. The car wash is on Saturday, April 9th from 9-1pm at the Wendys on Wiles and University. We also need donations of towels/rags (To dry cars), as well as sponges, brushes, and other things needed for car washes.
3) Wind Ensemble Evaluation- On Wednesday, March 30th, everyone in the Wind Ensemble will be going to Taravella High to perform. Students will get permission slips tomorrow with details.
4) Symphonic Band Evaluation- On Thursday, March 31st, all students in Symphonic Band will be going to perform at Taravella High. Permission slips with details will be given out tomorrow.
5) Colrguard CHAMPIONSHIPS- Our colorguard will have our last competition of the year on Saturday, April 2nd. All guard members will go together on a bus and spend the entire day at this last competition. This trip will cost 10 per student to help with buses costs and we will be going to a mall in the middle part of the day. Please don’t plan on picking up your student until we come back that night. Permission slips with details will go out this week. Any missed practices from now on will result in your student being removed from the last competition. This is our last chance to get the highest score possible!
6) Banquet- Please don’t forget to turn in your money and forms for our Banquet. The banquet will be at the Carolina Club on Thursday, June 2nd. Space is beginning to run out. Please remember that awards will be given to every student in our Orchestra, Band, and colorguard groups. You don’t want to miss it!!!
Monday- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9am
Tuesday- Symphonic Band- 7:45-9am
Wednesday- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9am
Thursday- Symphonic Band- 7:45-9am
Friday- NO REHEARSALS
Tomorrow, Tuesday, our jazz band will be playing one song for the incoming 5th graders in the very beginning of 1st period. Students will not miss the entire period. Students should wear normal school clothes, but must bring their band polos. Please report straight to the bandroom at the very beginning of first period.
« Previous entries Next Page » Next Page »