Parents and Students,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for coming out to Solo and Ensemble Festival last Friday. All of our students did an amazing job in their performances!
Please know that I tried a different Festival this year with the promise that my students would have a more positive experience than the Festival put on by the Florida Bandmaster’s Association. However, I quickly found out that this turned into a very aggravating experience for everyone involved, instead of a positive one. Next year we will go back to doing the Festival we have always done in the past. I do apologize for the frustrating night and I hope that everyone understands that my goal was to try something different to see how it went. It didn’t go well! Next year we will go back to what I know already works.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Jazz Band Evaluation-
On Thursday, March 3rd, our Jazz Band will have our most important performance of the year. We will be going down to University School (Davie) to play three tunes for three judges. These judges will rate us on how well we do. Our performance time is at 3:30pm, so please come out and support our jazz band. They have worked extremely hard all year for this performance. Students will receive more details tomorrow.
2) Colorguard Competition-
This Saturday, March 5th, our colorguard will be having our last local competition. We will be performing at Stoneman Douglas High School at 12:44pm. Please arrive at 12:30 in order to have enough time to park and walk in. It would be great to have a really big audience for our competition at Douglas. You can buy tickets at the door when you arrive.
3) End of Year Trip Money Due-
Please don’t forget that the Busch Gardens money will be due, in full, on Friday, March 11th before school in the bandroom. Doors will open at 8am. Students who have not paid the 50 dollar parent contribution should add an extra 50 dollars to the price of the trip if they want to attend. The trip is on Thursday, May 5th. The trip cost is 102.
Monday 2/28- Jazz 7:45-9am
Tuesday 3/1- Symphonic Band 7:45-9am (8th graders don’t have to come because it is the day of FCAT Writes)
Jazz Band 3:45-6pm
Guard 3:45-7pm (Different end time)
Wednesday 3/2- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9am
Jazz Band- 3:45-6pm
Thursday 3/3- JAZZ EVALUATION FIELD TRIP
Students must be at school at 7:45. Students will miss the entire day of classes. We will leave around 1pm to go to University School. Our performance is at 3:30pm. We will return at 5:30pm. Please give your students some cash for food.
Guard- 3:45-7pm (Different end time)
Friday 3/4- Symphonic Band 7:45-9am
Saturday 3/5- Guard Competition- Stoneman Douglas (We go on at 12:44pm)
Monday- NO SCHOOL!
Tuesday- Colorguard/Jazz- 3:45-6pm
Wednesday- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9am
Talent Show Dress Rehearsal- 3:45-5pm
Colorguard/Jazz Band- Family Night
– 5:30pm (At Douglas)
– Colorguards from West Glades and
Douglas will perform, as well as our
– There will be food there for 5
Dollars per person.
– All Jazz and Guard students
Are expected to be there!
Thursday- Jazz Band- 7:45-9am
Talent Show- 7pm; Cafeteria (5 dollars)
Friday- Solo and Ensemble Festival
– Schedule will be up by Monday night!
Saturday- Colorguard Camp- 8:30-12pm
1) Please purchase tickets and bring your families to our talent show. The show is this Thursday at 7pm in the cafeteria.
2) Solo and Ensemble- Make sure your students dress nice for this event. They shoud not wear our band polos, but no jeans, or sneakers will be allowed. Students should look professional and should arrive at least 30 minutes before they perform.
3) Jazz Band Evaluation- Our jazz band will have our evaluation on Thursday, March 3rd at University School in Davie. We perform at 3:30pm, so please come and support us. This is our most important performance of the year! Students will miss the entire day of school that day. Permission slips will go out on Tuesday.
4) Colorguard Competition- On Saturday, March 5th, our colorguard will be competing at Stonemand Douglas High School. We are only 3 points away from getting first place, so we hope that everyone will come and cheer us on! This is our last competition that is close to Coral Springs, so please don’t miss out!
Monday 2/14- Jazz Band- 7:45-9am
Tuesday 2/15- Guard/Jazz Band- 3:45-6pm
Wednesday 2/16- Symphonic Band- 3:45-6pm
Thursday 2/17- Jazz Band- 7:45-9am
Wind Ensemble- 3:45-5pm (Change)
Friday 2/18- Wind Ensemble- 7:45-9am (BRASS)
Spring Concert- 6pm (Cafeteria)
Saturday 2/19- Colorguard Show (Pompano Beach HS)
1) Golf Tournament Planning Meeting- Tuesday, February 15th, 2011- 7:30pm (CSMS Bandroom)
- This year we are attempting one of the most complicated, yet lucrative fundraisers. We will be doing a huge golf tournament on Saturday, April 30th. However, we need a lot of help, so please attend this meeting if you are interested in helping put this together.
2) We will be selling talent show tickets starting on Wednesday, February 16th. Please buy tickets to support our talent show fundraiser.
3) Spring Concert- Friday, February 18th-
There will be fresh hot pizza, drinks, and candy for sale. This concert will feature our beginning and symphonic band.
4) Wednesday- 2/23- Colorguard Family Night
This great time of food and hanging out will feature the guard from CSMS, West Glades, and Stoneman Douglas HS. There will be food and drinks and each guard will perform. The cost is 5 dollars per person.
5) Solo and Ensemble Festival- 2/25-2/26
This event is for all of the students who have signed up and paid their entry fee. This will take place at Pines Middle and specific times will be out by late next week (2/18).
Monday 2/7- Jazz; 7:45-9am
Tuesday 2/8- Colorguard; 3:45-6pm
NO JAZZ BAND AFTER SCHOOL!!! (This is a
Wednesday 2/9- Symphonic Band; 7:45-9am
Thursday 2/10- Jazz Band- 7:45-9am
Wind Ensemble- 3:45-6pm
PICTURE DAY! During class (All students should
bring their gray polos)
Friday 2/11- Wind Ensemble- Percussion ONLY! 7:45-9am
Saturday 2/12- COLORGUARD COMPETITION
(Flanagan High School)
1) 2/10- PICTURE DAY! All students should bring their gray polos. Pictures will be taken from waist up with their instruments and/or guard flags. Colorguard students will wear all black. Students can change back to school clothes after picture is taken. Parents can purchase these pictures.
2) 2/18- SPRING CONCERT-
This will be a really fun concert featuring our beginning and advanced bands. There will be a concession stand with pizza, drinks, and other goodies for sale during our concert. Please plan on buying some food their to support our program. Beginning band students will wear the usual uniform for our concerts (All black with gray polos); Advanced band students will have a Michael Jackson outfit competition. Students must wear appropriate MJ attire. Students who do not want to participate must wear all black with gray polo. Students must arrive no later than 5:30pm. The concert will be from 6-7pm.
3) 2/23- Colorguard Family Night- @ Douglas High School. All family members and friends should attend to support our guard, as well as Douglas and West Glades MS. We will all perform our show for each other. This begins at 6pm.
4) 2/25-2/26- Solo and Ensemble Festival; Pines Middle School. All exact dates and times will be posted by the end of this week.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at email@example.com