There are a lot of important things coming up so please make sure you plan accordingly.
1) Prism Concert- This Friday, March 25th, we will be having our very first annual prism concert. The concert will take place at the cafeteria at 6pm and will feature some of our students who performed a solo and/or ensemble. Students performing in this already know because I put up a list in the bandroom. Please invite your friends and family for a fun night of music.
2) Car Wash Tickets- We have already begun selling car wash tickets. Every student received 2 tickets at 5 dollars per ticket. Every student is expected to sell 2 tickets. If they need more that is fine. The car wash is on Saturday, April 9th from 9-1pm at the Wendys on Wiles and University. We also need donations of towels/rags (To dry cars), as well as sponges, brushes, and other things needed for car washes.
3) Wind Ensemble Evaluation- On Wednesday, March 30th, everyone in the Wind Ensemble will be going to Taravella High to perform. Students will get permission slips tomorrow with details.
4) Symphonic Band Evaluation- On Thursday, March 31st, all students in Symphonic Band will be going to perform at Taravella High. Permission slips with details will be given out tomorrow.
5) Colrguard CHAMPIONSHIPS- Our colorguard will have our last competition of the year on Saturday, April 2nd. All guard members will go together on a bus and spend the entire day at this last competition. This trip will cost 10 per student to help with buses costs and we will be going to a mall in the middle part of the day. Please don’t plan on picking up your student until we come back that night. Permission slips with details will go out this week. Any missed practices from now on will result in your student being removed from the last competition. This is our last chance to get the highest score possible!
6) Banquet- Please don’t forget to turn in your money and forms for our Banquet. The banquet will be at the Carolina Club on Thursday, June 2nd. Space is beginning to run out. Please remember that awards will be given to every student in our Orchestra, Band, and colorguard groups. You don’t want to miss it!!!