Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
Life! I Know Not What Thou Art
- LIFE! I know not what thou art,
- But know that thou and I must part;
- And when, or how, or where we met
- I own to me's a secret yet.
- Life! We've been long together
- Through pleasant and through cloudy weather,
- 'Tis hard to part when friends are dear, --
- Perhaps 'twill cost a sigh, a tear;
- -- Then steal away, give little warning,
- Choose thine own time;
- Say not Good Night, -- but in some brighter clime
- Bid me Good Morning.
- Anna Lætitia Barbauld
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide