Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- ROUSSEAU -- Voltaire -- our Gibbon -- De Staël --
- Leman! these names are worthy of thy shore,
- Thy shore of names like these! wert thou no more,
- Their memory thy remembrance would recall:
- To them thy banks were lovely as to all,
- But they have made them lovelier, for the lore
- Of mighty minds doth hallow in the core
- Of human hearts the ruin of a wall
- Where dwelt the wise and wondrous; but by thee
- How much more, Lake of Beauty! do we feel,
- In sweetly gliding o'er thy crystal sea,
- The wild glow of that not ungentle zeal,
- Which of the heirs of immortality
- Is proud, and makes the breath of glory real!
- Gorge Gordon, Lord Byron
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide