Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- THE poplars in the fields of France
- Are golden ladies come to dance;
- But yet to see them there is none
- But I and the September sun.
- The girl who in their shadow sits
- Can only see the sock she knits;
- Her dog is watching all the day
- That not a cow shall go astray.
- The leisurely contented cows
- Can only see the earth they browse;
- Their piebald bodies through the grass
- With busy, munching noses pass.
- Alone the sun and I behold
- Processions crowned with shining gold --
- The poplars in the fields of France,
- Like glorious ladies come to dance.
- Frances Cornford
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide