Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
To a Young Lady
- SWEET stream, that winds through yonder glade,
- Apt emblem of a virtuous maid --
- Silent and chaste she steals along,
- Far from the world's gay busy throng:
- With gentle yet prevailing force,
- Intent upon her destined course;
- Graceful and useful all she does,
- Blessing and blest where'er she goes;
- Pure-bosom'd as that watery glass,
- And Heaven reflected in her face.
- William Cowper
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide