Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- THOU art a fool," said my head to my heart,
- "Indeed, the greatest of fools thou art,
- To be led astray by trick of a tress,
- By a smiling face or a ribbon smart;"
- And my heart was in sore distress.
- Then Phyllis came by, and her face was fair,
- The light gleamed soft on her raven hair;
- And her lips were blooming a rosy red.
- Then my heart spoke out with a right bold air:
- "Thou art worse than a fool, O head!"
- Paul Laurence Dunbar
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide