Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- Though the long seasons seem to separate
- Sower and reaper or deeds dreamed and done,
- Yet when a man reaches the Ivory Gate
- Labor and life and seed and corn are one.
- Because thou art the doer and the deed,
- Because thou art the thinker and the thought,
- Because thou art the helper and the need,
- And the cold doubt that brings all things to naught,
- Therefore in every gracious form and shape
- The world's dear open secret shalt thou find,
- From the One Beauty there is no escape
- Nor from the sunshine of the Eternal Mind.
- The patient laborer, with guesses dim,
- Follows this wisdom to its secret goal.
- He knows all deeds and dreams exist in him,
- And all men's God in every human soul.
- Eva Gore-Booth
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide