Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- WHEN thy beauty appears,
- In its graces and airs,
- All bright as an angel new dropp'd from the sky;
- At distance I gaze, and am awed by my fears
- So strangely you dazzle my eye!
- But when without art,
- Your kind thoughts you impart,
- When your love runs in blushes through every vein;
- When it darts from your eyes, when it pants in your heart,
- Then I know you're a woman again.
- "There's a passion and pride
- In our sex," she repli'd,
- "And thus (might I gratify both) I would do;
- Still an angel appear to each lover beside,
- But still be a woman to you."
- Thomas Parnell
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide