Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- I ARISE from dreams of thee
- In the first sweet sleep of night,
- When the winds are breathing low,
- And the stars are shining bright
- I arise from dreams of thee,
- And a spirit in my feet
- Has led me -- who knows how? --
- To thy chamber-window, sweet!
- The wandering airs they faint
- On the dark, the silent stream, --
- The champak odors fall
- Like sweet thoughts in a dream,
- The nightingale's complaint,
- It dies upon her heart,
- As I must die on thine,
- O, beloved as thou art!
- O, lift me from the grass!
- I die, I faint, I fall!
- Let thy love in kisses rain
- On my lips and eyelids pale,
- My cheek is cold and white, alas!
- My Heart beats loud and fast
- Oh! press it close to thine again,
- Where it will break at last!
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide