Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- OH do not Pity me because I gave
- My heart when lovely April with a gust,
- Swept down the singing lanes with a cool wave;
- And do not pity me because I thrust
- Aside your love that once burned as a flame.
- I was as thirsty as a windy flower
- That bares its bosom to the summer shower
- And to the unremembered winds that came.
- Pity me most for moments yet to be,
- In the far years, when some day I shall turn
- Toward this strong path up to our little door
- And find it barred to all my ecstasy.
- No sound of your warm voice the winds have borne-
- Only the crying sea upon the shore.
- Harold Vinal
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2000 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide