Poets' Corner Home Page . News and Recent Additions
- Red as my sweetheart's lips
- Were the nodding heads of clover.
- Deep as my true-love's eyes
- The blue sky bending over.
- All out of doors, both birds and men, were singing.
- The year was springing,
- And so was love.
- The wintry sky is gray
- As the ash of a dying ember.
- The snow falls white to-day,-
- It is the chill November.
- The breeze that sweeps the orchard floors is sighing.
- The year is dying,
- But not my love!
- William Byron Forbush
Index to poems in the collection by William Byron Forbush
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .
©2001 Poets' Corner Editorial Staff, All Rights Reserved Worldwide