Home Page . News and Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- Only until this cigarette is ended
- A little moment at the end of all,
- While on the floor the quiet ashes fall,
- And in the firelight to a lance extended,
- Bizarrely with the jazzing music blended,
- The broken shadow dances on the wall,
- I will permit my memory to recall
- The vision of you, by all my dreams attended.
- And then adieu, -- farewell! -- the dream is done.
- Yours is a face of which I can forget
- The colour and the features, every one,
- The words not ever, and the smiles not yet;
- But in your day this moment is the sun
- Upon a hill, after the sun has set.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
Back to the Poets' Corner - Home Page .
Back to The Other Pages .
To the Guestbook
This page hosted by Geocities
Get your own Free Home Page