Home Page . News and Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
Written in the Orillia Woods, August 1859
- Blest Spirit of Calm that dwellest in these woods!
- Thou art a part of that serene repose
- That ofttimes lingers in the solitudes
- Of my lone heart, when the tumultuous throes
- Of some vast Grief have born me to the earth.
- For I have fought with Sorrow face to face;
- Have tasted of the cup that brings to some
- A frantic madness and delirious mirth,
- But prayed and trusted for the light to come,
- To break the gloom and darkness of the place.
- Through the dim aisles the sunlight penetrates,
- And nature's self rejoices; heaven's light
- Comes down into my heart, and in its might
- My soul stands up and knocks at God's own temple-gates.
- George Sangster
Back to the Poets' Corner - Home Page .
Back to The Other Pages .
To the Guestbook
This page hosted by Geocities
Get your own Free Home Page