P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- THESE things shall be, -- a loftier race
- Than ere the world hath known shall rise
- With flame of freedom in their souls,
- And light of knowledge in their eyes.
- They shall be gentle, brave, and strong
- To spill no drop of blood, but dare
- All that may plant man's lordship firm
- On earth and fire, and sea, and air.
- Nation with nation, land with land,
- Unarmed shall live as comrades free;
- In every heart and brain shall throb
- The pulse of one fraternity.
- Man shall love man, with heart as pure
- And fervent as the young-eyed throng
- Who chant their heavenly psalms before
- God's face with undiscordant song.
- New arts shall bloom of loftier mould
- And mightier music fill the skies,
- And every life shall be a song,
- When all the earth is paradise.
- John Addington Symonds
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .