- V -
- Fortune favors the bold.
- Each man is led by his own liking.
- Fortune is a great deceiver. She sells very dear the things she seems to give us.
- Le sens commun n'est pas si commun
(Common sense is not so common)
- It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
- Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.
- W -
- The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward
- Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; it is better to be alone than in bad company.
- The ability to ask the right question is more than half the battle of finding the answer.
Thomas J. Watson
- Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe.
- It matters not how many fish are in the sea . . . if you don't have any bait on your hook.
- Everything important has been said before by somebody who did not discover it.
Alfred North Whitehead
- A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
- Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
- We grow a little every time we do not take advantage of somebody's weakness.
- Not doing more than average is what keeps the average down.
- No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness.
- Ability is a poor man's wealth.
- Business is like riding a bicycle. Either you keep moving or you fall down.
John D. Wright
- Z -
- There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something, we'd all love one another.
- Every obnoxious act is a cry for help.