- Be a life long or short, its completeness depends on what it was lived for.
-- David Starr Jordan
- Nothing quite new is perfect.
-- Marcus Tullis Cicero
- Ideas are, in truth, forces. Infinite, too, is the power of personality. A union of the two always makes history.
-- Henry James
- The true secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life.
-- William Morris
- Time makes more converts than reason.
-- Thomas Paine
- Just do what must be done. This may not be happiness, but it is greatness.
-- George Bernard Shaw
- Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also beleives to be true.
- We do good because it frees the heart.
It open us to a wellspring of happiness.
-- Sharon Salzberg
- When you are kind to someone in trouble, you hope they'll remember and be kind to someone else. And it'll become like a wildfire.
-- Whoopi Goldberg
- He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.
- What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
-- Dr. Robert Schuller
- A step in the wrong direction us better than staying on the spot all your
-- Maxwell Maltz
- No person who is enthusiastic about his work has anything to fear from life.
-- Samuel Goldwyn
- Words are the only things that last forever.
-- William Hazlitt
- We live, not as we wish to, but as we can.
- A promise is most given when least said.
-- George Chapman
- Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf.
-- Rabindranath Tagore
- You are free to choose, but the choices you make today will determine what you will have, be, and do in the tomorrow of your life.
-- Zig Zigler
- Straighten up your room first, then the world.
-- Jeff Jordan
- Sit loosely in the saddle of life.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
- Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
- If you would be loved, love and be lovable.
-- Benjamin Franklin
- We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.
-- he Buddha
- The rung of a ladder
was never meant to rest upon,
but only hold a man's foot
long enough to enable him
to put the other somewhat higher.
-- Thomas Henry Huxley
- Nobody has measured, even poets, how much the heart can hold.
-- Zelda Fitzgerald
- If not you, then who?
If not now, then when?
- Life is a great big canvas-Throw all the paint on it you can.
-- Danny Kaye
- Do all the good you can,
in all the ways you can,
to all the souls you can,
in every place you can,
at all the times you can,
With all the zeal you can,
as long as ever you can.
-- John Wesley
- Love people. Use things. Not vice-versa.
-- Kelly Rothaus
- I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.
-- John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- All nature is but art unknown to thee;
All chance, direction, which thou canst not see;
All discord, harmony not understood;
All partial evil, universal good;
And spite of pride, in erring reason's spite,
One truth is clear, whatever is, is right.
-- Alexander Pope