P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- STILL, still with Thee, when purple morning breaketh,
- When the bird waketh and the shadows flee;
- Fairer than morning, lovilier than daylight,
- Dawns the sweet consciousness I am with Thee.
- Alone with Thee, amid the mystic shadows,
- The solemn hush of nature newly born;
- Alone with Thee in breathless adoration,
- In the calm dew and freshness of the morn.
- Still, still to Thee, as to each new-born morning,
- A fresh and solemn splendor still is giv'n,
- So does this blessed consciousness awaking,
- Breathe each day nearness unto Thee and heav'n.
- So shall it be at last in that bright morning,
- When the soul waketh, and life's shadows flee;
- O in that hour, fairer than daylight dawning,
- Shall rise the glorious thought I am with Thee.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .