Home Page . News and Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- Ask the Empress of the night
- How the hand which guides her sphere,
- Constant in unconstant light,
- Taught the waves her yoke to bear,
- And did thus by loving force
- Curb or tame the rude seas course.
- Ask the female Palm how she
- First did woo her husband's love;
- And the Magnet, ask how he
- Doth th'obsequious iron move;
- Waters, plants and stones know this,
- That they love, not what love is.
- Be not then less kind than these,
- Or from love exampt alone,
- Let us twine like amorous trees,
- And like rives melt in one;
- Or, if thou more cruel prove,
- Learn of steel and stones to love.
- Stanley Thomas
Back to the Poets' Corner - Home Page .
Back to The Other Pages .
To the Guestbook
This page hosted by Geocities
Get your own Free Home Page