P.C. Home Page . Recent Additions
A B .
C D .
E F .
G H .
I J .
K L .
M N .
O P .
Q R .
S T .
U V .
W X .
- MYSTERIOUS Night! when our first parent knew
- Thee from report divine, and heard thy name,
- Did he not tremble for this lovely frame,
- This glorious canopy of light and blue?
- Yet 'neath a curtain of translucent dew,
- Bathed in the rays of the great setting flame,
- Hesperus with the host of heaven came,
- And lo! Creation widened in man's view.
- Who could have thought such darkness lay concealed
- Within thy beams, O Sun, or who could find,
- Whilst fly and leaf and insect stood revealed,
- That to such countless orbs thou mad'st us blind!
- Why do we then shun death with anxious strife?
- If Light can thus deceive, wherefore not Life?
- Joseph Blanco White
Poets' Corner .
H O M E .